Based on today’s London Metal Exchange market, the retail price for used beverage cans is $.30-.35 per pound. The day’s wholesale price for mills is ranging from $.57-.61 per pound. The retail price refers to the amount charged to store customers, such as at a scrap metal buy-back center. The wholesale price describes the amount paid by large sheet mills buying large quantities of used beverage cans.
• Wholesale Prices shown are indicative prices only, and are not an offer to buy from Alcoa or its representatives.
• Prices are for used aluminum beverage cans in bales or briquettes in truckload lots delivered to aluminum sheet mills in the USA.
• Quality specifications are subject to the unique requirements of each mill.
• Retail Prices are indicative prices only, and are not an offer to buy from Alcoa or its representatives.
• Prices are for loose or flattened used aluminum beverages cans delivered to local scrap buyers.
• Quality and prices will vary by region and sellers are advised to consult with local scrap buyers for specific market conditions.