Based on today’s London Metal Exchange market, the retail price for used beverage cans is around $.24 per pound. The day’s wholesale price for mills is around $.39 per pound. The retail price refers to the amount charged to store customers, such as at a scrap metal buy-back center. The wholesale price describes the amount paid by large sheet mills buying large quantities of used beverage cans.
* Wholesale Prices shown are indicative prices only, and are not an offer to buy from Alcoa or its representatives.
* Prices are for used aluminum beverage cans in bales or briquettes in truckload lots delivered to aluminum sheet mills in the USA.
* Quality specifications are subject to the unique requirements of each mill.
* Retail Prices are indicative prices only, and are not an offer to buy from Alcoa or its representatives.
* Prices are for loose or flattened used aluminum beverages cans delivered to local scrap buyers.
* Quality and prices will vary by region and sellers are advised to consult with local scrap buyers for specific market conditions.